June 2006: The sign is restored and installed at the fire
A Little Bit of Greenland History is Back!
This sign was hung on the
exterior of the original fire station at 445
After 55-years the all wood sign was in desperate need of restoration.
The restoration of the original sign, after many hours spent rebuilding,
repairing, sanding and painting is complete. It is once again at the
The Greenland Volunteer Fire
Department was fortunate to find a skilled furniture and sign restorer in
our own town, Lori Larson on Ocean Road. GVFD is especially grateful
to Lori Larson, her assistant Bonny Robinson, Carl Beatrice (Dispatcher),
Pat Beatrice (EMT), Leon MacCorkle (Firefighter & EMT)
and Dick Hazzard (Dispatcher) who volunteered their time and expertise to make this project a success.
Carl Beatrice and Leon MacCorkle cutting the trim for the sign.
Carl Beatrice, Pat Beatrice, Lori Larson and Bonny Robinson.
Circa 1953 - The sign on the original fire station at 445